More about us…
AM Vilakazi Tau Incorporated Attorneys was established in 1999 by a team of enterprising media and corporate lawyers.
Over time AM Vilakazi Tau Incorporated Attorneys has, through continuing research and further study, extended its capacity to other fields such as business development services, business planning, workshop facilitation, employee team building, labour relations training, postal regulation, policy development in various spheres of governance, drafting of regulations, general legal practice and all forms of litigation. We are a boutique law firm and offer our clients specialist services in a select number of areas of law.
Our clientele includes existing and aspirant broadcasters and telecommunications operators, government departments both at provincial and national levels, and corporate clients for whom we do purely legal commercial work, municipalities and individual clients to whom we render a range of services. In the past we also offered services to the telecommunications regulator in South Africa, the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA), Southern African Broadcasters Association (SABA) and the Malawi Communications Regulatory Authority (MACRA), where we offered specialist legal and regulatory policy support services to the said agencies.
We count amongst our clients institutions of the calibre of national government departments, provincial government departments, the South African Post Office Limited, AfricanLife Assurance (Pty) Ltd, Thuthukani Information Technology Services (Pty) Ltd, and WorldSpace (Southern Africa) (Pty) Ltd, whom we have and continue to serve with pride and distinction.
Our labour law training services cover the following areas:
- Conciliation procedures
- Arbitration case preparation
- Preparation of witnesses and evidence
- Presentation of evidence
- Evaluation of evidence
- Opening and closing statements
- Presentation of argument in mitigation/aggravation of penalty.
Our mission is to provide the best legal services
We are committed to:
- Understanding our clients and their unique needs;
- Providing creative legal solutions;
- Meeting and exceeding our stakeholders’ expectations;
- Investing in constant HR development;
- Achieving business success;
- Serving our clients and other stakeholders with respect and trust; and
- Converting our clients into our brand ambassadors.
Our vision is to strive to be the leading law firm providing services at the most cost-effective price with honesty, integrity and best practice, whilst relieving our clients of their legal burdens.
- Client-oriented: We put our clients first.
- Professionalism: Our interactions with our stakeholders must at all times be characterised by a high degree of professionalism.
- Staff: We hold our staff dear as a critical element of our enterprise.
- Ethics: We uphold the ethical conduct in our interactions with everyone.
- Integrity: We stand behind our promise.
- Price: We offer the most cost-effective price for the best level of service.
- Business sustainability: We promise and work towards a sustainable enterprise to guarantee a continued service.
- Team work: We join our hands for a common goal.